While it's technically possible to melt candle wax in a microwave, we do not recommend it for several safety reasons. Just because something is possible, it doesn't mean it the best way of doing something! Here are some reasons not to use a microwave to melt candle wax...
Fire hazard: Microwaves can create hot spots in uneven materials like wax, potentially leading to overheating and igniting the wax.
Spattering: The heat can cause the wax to splatter and make a mess inside the microwave, which can be difficult to clean.
Cracking: Uneven heating can cause the container holding the wax to crack or break, potentially causing injuries.
Chemical residue: Some candle waxes contain chemicals that can be harmful if they leach into your food due to improper melting.
Here are some safer alternatives for melting candle wax:
Double boiler: This is the preferred and best way to melt candle wax. This method involves placing the wax in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water. The gentle heat will melt the wax evenly and safely.
Candle warmer: These specialised devices are designed to melt candle wax without the risks of overheating or fire.
Hairdryer: Using a hairdryer on a low setting can be an option for small amounts of wax, but be careful not to overheat the wax or the container.
Remember, safety should always be the top priority when working with any materials that can potentially become hot or flammable. Choose a safe and reliable method for melting candle wax to avoid any accidents or risks.
Candles and Soapery - Knowledge Base and Customer Support Portal
Extensive Candle-Care Resources all in One Place
If you need the full low-down on our chandlery, candle and soapery products, we’ve got all the details and information you’ll need in our Knowledge Base. Browse through these articles and experience all your candle-care resources in one place, click here...
It is always important to treat your 3 wick candles safely and with care. Please note the follow candle care advice...
Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Place candles on a stable surface away from flammable objects.
Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
Extinguish candles before going to bed or leaving the house.