Wax melts are a popular way to add fragrance to your home. They are easy to use and come in a wide variety of scents. However, it is important to use wax melts safely to avoid any potential hazards.
What are wax melts?
Wax melts are small, solid pieces of wax that are melted in a warmer to release their fragrance. Generally, they are typically made from soy wax, beeswax, or paraffin wax. Wax melts come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and they can be scented with essential oils, fragrance oils, or perfume. All our FelinFach wax melts are made with eco-friendly plant-based candle waxes such as soy wax - we do not use paraffin wax in any of our candles.
A Candle Chandler? - "a maker and seller of tallow, wax candles, and also usually soap". A chandlery was originally the office in a wealthy medieval household responsible for wax, candles and soaps as well as the room in which the candles were kept.
We are a modern-day candle chandler, hand pouring soy wax candles and wax melts using traditional methods and skills but also other fragrance items such as reed diffusers, tealights and wax melts. Our eco-friendly candles are made from sustainable and renewable plant-based candle waxes such as soy wax.
Other FelinFach Wax Melts Candles Pages
Wax Melts Safety Tips
There are a few simple safety tips to follow when using wax melts:
Always use a wax melter designed for wax melts.Do not use a candle warmer or a hot plate to melt wax melts. These devices can get too hot and cause the wax to catch fire.
Never leave an electric wax melter unattended.If you must leave the room, turn off the wax melter or unplug it.
Keep wax melts out of reach of children and pets.Wax melts can be a choking hazard for young children, and they can also cause burns to pets if they ingest them.
Do not place wax melts near anything that can catch fire.This includes curtains, furniture, and bedding.
Do not melt wax melts for more than 4 hours at a time.This can cause the wax to overheat and catch fire.
Potential Hazards of Wax Melts
While wax melts are generally safe to use, there are a few potential hazards to be aware of:
Fire hazard.If a wax melt is left unattended or if it is placed too close to something that can catch fire, it could start a fire.
Burns.If wax melts are dropped or if they come into contact with skin, they can cause burns.
Allergic reactions.Some people may be allergic to the ingredients in wax melts. If you have allergies, it is important to test a wax melt on a small area of skin before using it.
How to Avoid Wax Melts Hazards
By following the safety tips above, you can help to avoid the potential hazards of wax melts. Here are some additional tips:
Choose a high-quality wax melt.A good-quality wax melt will be made from a safe and non-toxic material.
Read the label carefully.The label should list the ingredients in the wax melt and any potential hazards.
Test a wax melt on a small area of skin before using it.This will help to ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Keep wax melts out of reach of children and pets.
Dispose of wax melts properly.Once a wax melt is finished, you can either throw it away or melt it down and reuse it.
By following these safety tips, you can enjoy the benefits of wax melts without any worry.
Additional safety tips
Do not use wax melts in a poorly ventilated area.This can cause the fumes to build up and become dangerous.
Do not use wax melts if the wax melter is cracked or damaged.This could cause the wax to leak out and catch fire.
Do not use wax melts if the wax is discolored or has a strange odor.This could be a sign that the wax is contaminated.
Wax melts can be a safe and enjoyable way to add fragrance to your home. By following the safety tips above, you can help to avoid any potential hazards.
Located in Pembrokeshire Wales, our ethos is defined in the three words...