The first time you light the candles, burn it until the wax melts evenly on the surface - this will take about two hours. This ensures your candle doesn't tunnel and will ensure a longer burning time overall. Please do not let your candle burn for more than 4 hours at a time, the vessel gets hot and we want you to stay safe. Trim the wick each time before lighting your candle, a 5mm wick is about right. You can just pinch off the burnt bit of the wick, removing any residue before lighting the candle. If you find the flame is too big you may find you need to trim the wick further.
General Safety Advice
Our candles and beautiful and relaxing, but please follow these safety guidelines to ensure you will be safe.
Always burn candles on a heat resistant surface.
Always burn candles within sight and never leave burning candles unattended. Check your burning candle often to ensure it is burning correctly.
Never burn candles within the reach of children or where pets can come close to the candle.
Our glass jars of container candles will become hot during use. Never touch a burning container candle.
Keep the wick short on your candles. Trim as required and whenever the flame grows in the jar. Extinguish, cool, trim and relight. Trim using a proprietary candle wick trimmer, scissors or a tissue.
Keep your candles away from flammable surfaces. Don’t put candles near curtains, fabrics, furniture or near anything flammable.
Keep all candles away from draughts. Draughts can cause the flame to spark and may ignite nearby objects.
Don’t put candles under shelves. Make sure there’s at least three feet (one metre) between a candle and any surface above it.
Keep candles apart. Leave at least four inches (10cm) between two burning candles.
Never move candles when they’re burning. Extinguish candles and leave to cool completely before moving them.
Keep candles clean. Don’t let anything fall into the hot wax like match sticks or wick trimmings.
Never go to sleep with a candle still burning. And never leave a burning candle or oil burner in a child’s bedroom.
Use a snuffer or a spoon to put them out. It’s safer than blowing them out, which can send sparks and hot wax flying.
Double-check candles are extinguished. Candles that have been put out can go on smouldering and start a fire. Make sure they’re completely out.
Please remember, relax, enjoy our candles, but be safe too!